#தனித்திறமைகள்
Wonder if this comes under a special talent . Anyway allow me to show off.
Since I shifted residence to Ashok Nagar in 2011 , I have become more health conscious. I will either go for long walks , work out in the gym or go to the Yoga class. Yes a lot of healthy activities . Keeps you in a good mood due to the the endorphins released.
Last year just as I was completing age 65 I got the chance to attend a yoga training session for asst. yoga teacher. Every morning for 40 days from 5.30 to 8. Sometimes even upto 9. With a breakfast break when we would have the Pongal Prasadam from the Anjaneya temple.😅
No pain no gain , and I found this to be very true.
We were flooded with a deluge of knowledge on a variety of subjects.
I have never studied biology as I took MPC in 9 th.
Now I got to know about the skeletal system, the spinal cord, The Central nervous systems. The working of all glands and organs.
Different asanas and mudras for diabetes , joint pain, backache stomach ailments and of course for reducing weight.
Introductory classes to reflexology and acupressure. Naturopathy, where we learnt how to make some herbal kashayams.
Nadis and Chakras . Some of us became so enthusiastic that we went on to a higher level chakra meditation class later.
Various Pranayamas and dhyana techniques including trataka meditation.
All this and more .Like nationalism and patriotism.
The 8 parts of yoga ., Ashtanga yoga . The first 2 are called Yama and niyama and are actually moral science . Codes to live by.
Okay enough showing off 😁
So in spite of eating in excess and and that too rich food I would keep myself healthy. And that is my special talent . Cross my fingers 🤞🤞
Here are some pics from the classes.
Comments
Post a Comment