#என்_சினி_வானில்
Take Rowan Atkinson, give him the role of Mr Bean or Johnny English and the film is sure to be a laugh riot.
So many films have taken us to Tibet and Nepal where the the Westerners learn everything from martial arts to meditation. Only English can make us laugh even in this. “ rarefied” atmosphere.
At one time I would watch the Home Alone series with my children for the Nth time and laugh, now it has lost its charm.
Some films may be categorised as comedy but certain scenes would have some pathos and find resonance in your own heart.
Just last night I was watching Barbara Streisand in , The mirror has two faces. The platonic relationship with your husband theme is too intellectually above me , but what touched me was where she faces her arrogant mother and asks her . Tell me how it feels to look into a mirror knowing you are good looking. How does it feel to have people look at you with admiration when you enter a room. The eternal question of the ugly duckling of its swan mother.
Another old film , Steel Magnolias . Yes again called a comedy. Here the underlying theme what we Indians will at once recognise. “ Thaimai “. A women wanting to have a child to become a complete woman whatever the cost to her health. My favourite actress Julia Roberts in the lead.
I avoid tragic films . Give them a wide berth. Even so a turn of phrase in a film will draw out the tears from my eyes. So to avoid dehydration I just don’t see tragedies.
However you cannot escape , In Pursuit of Happiness and The Fault in our Stars. The first one has William Smith a single father living a hand to mouth existence. His face and expression itself will bring out the tears.Turns out for the better by the end The second movie has teenage cancer patients, their aspirations ,their emotions , falling in love. Yes one big tissues fest. I saw the movie only after reading the book so my hanky was not all that wet. Beautiful mind where the gifted Dr Nash has mental delusions.
Give me a feel good movie always . I will watch it any number of times. Old favourites like Bhawarchi, Chitchor, Rajnigandha , then replaced by Erin Brockovich and Hidden figures now The devil wears Prada and The Intern.
The eternal romantic that I am I want more movies like Parent Trap, You’ve got mail , The Holiday , this list is endless.
Comments
Post a Comment