#Sunday special

# எங்கள் வீட்டுத் தூண்


             A family has to necessarily have at least  2 pillars to be balanced  . One complementing the other . That was how we were . I was and still am that practical person who will rush to finish jobs, correct mistakes , get things done. Right or wrong my decisions would be quick and final. My husband was the mulling kind. He would need a lot of time to react. More emotional . 


           Both of us were earning. However I would never think of loosening my purse strings,  while he would please the children with food outings , fun games at home and new gadgets . A soft touch. The children could twist him round their fingers. 


              A person is the sum total of his experiences. Having been brought up by his grandma. my husband was more tuned in to the physical suffering of elders. Yes he was the one to rush to hospitals , consult doctors, give proper medications, Check the correctness of prescriptions and so on. I would fill in the food boxes and thermos and be  ready  with a change of clothes.


                 Then he fell ill at the crucial time in our lives. Being the practical kind was a blessing. I tided over everything , I did not allow his deteriorating health to put pause to anything. I could even take his loss in my stride and carry on.


                   Five months later my mother  too passed away and my father came to live with me. For the next ten years I became my father’s daughter. Reverting back to my childhood , I made my father my pillar of support . 


                    With Appa too  passing away I am now that  tall pole around which my family revolves. I try my best not to let anyone down. 


                Everyone has a pillared snap for their post. So the copy cat in me got this. This picture is actually from our own ancestral house in Kanchi.

Comments