Sunday special 


#தீராத_விளையாட்டுப்_பிள்ளை


           Yesterday I had written on this title about our own family Olympics  at Bikaner.


            Then I saw the posts of so many friends ,  they had displayed their certificates. Well I do have some certificates from more than 50 years ago . What better time than this to give them a day in the sun. ( incidentally my son said he has never seen the old 😁certificates.)


             Yes like every other lady has said I too was active on the sports field in school. In college the Chemistry department frowned on frivolous activities. They however could not  dissuade me from the NCC . It was there  in my blood. 


                  Then job and marriage within a short period and I lost touch with all games and sports. Except when I went to visit my parents. It was another matter that they would be playing badminton and I would just watch😁


                   Years later here I am  in my parents house. Gym, yoga , walking , I have tried my hand at them . 


                   With the entry of the grand child I have revisited all those indoor games, carrom, paramapadam, scrabble, monopoly , dayam and pallanguzhi to name a few. 


                      With age comes the fear of the boogie man : dementia and senility.  So  for mental agility it is crossword and sudoku everyday. Now I have added some word and card games on the net to this list . 

             ( Please allow me to boast , I have been doing crossword puzzles in the newspapers for more than 50 years . Started with the Amrita Bazaar Patrika and Frontier Times .)

Comments