#முகநூல் வரமா சாபமா


           In 2012 my son started an FB account for me. Time on my hands. Retirement , daughter sent back to her home after delivery. Step ma in law had passed away and now I had only one elder , my father ,to look after. 


            My FB friends then were only my colleagues and relatives. Sorry to tell you  , none of my relatives were active.writers . I got 2 treasures in my colleagues list . Comarade Kumar with a lot of interesting experiences in various fields . A very good writer, and artist , with a long list of degrees behind his name. Only I had to skip some of his posts , written on the basis of his political ideology.

             Then there was Usha Venkat  . Her friends were serious Tamil writers and poets . Truth be told I with my Kumudam level Tamil could not even understand them most times. However she led me to a group of Sujatha lovers. People who could write in a simpler way. I made most of her friends mine. I enjoyed their interesting posts. I would read out to my father. ( no I would not give my iPad in my father’s hands.😁) 


               One such friend was Shankar Sir. So when he started Madhyamar ,naturally I joined at once. Deluge of posts . Varied subjects. I who had  never lived in a village and had associated only with a given set of people got to know so much about life in rural areas and how the other half went about their business , what made them tick.  Travelogues, informative posts , you name them.  So many new friends I could relate to. Yes this was when I became an almost addict. Well I did not neglect any of my duties so no , don’t worry . 


             I was already writing in my timeline sporadically. Then with Madhyamar giving weekly topics I got to brush up my writing skills.  More enthusiasm. More posts to read and compare. 


             Now I have to be more careful about whom I was befriending. If I see some off colour language, negative attitude, hypochondria, self pity in any post of my new friends I simply un- friend them . I never reply to inbox messages unless it is a genuine question. Yes even I get those gm / gn wishes  in my messenger.😂Out they go. 


              With these precautions and keeping my iPad out of my reach when I have work to be done, 👏I have made the most of FB . 


                Let me add this. Yes in this lock down period every one is more into FB. Me with my poor hearing I never go for long conversations on phone. Yes I am on many WA groups. But there the thread of conversation gets easily broken with a new post. So this FB is a real boon to me. .

Comments