Saturday !!


              After reading Raji’s post about sutta kaththirikkai I had to write  my own sutta tale. 


              Nendiram pazham. Yes the raw ones you make chips or curries. To eat as a fruit the peel has to become almost black. 


             Long back in the 70’s my almost Royal Malayalee colleague told me that in Kerala nendiram pazham is a breakfast dish. To make it more digestible it is fired like a corn cob over the stove. The peel becomes black from all sides .


            Cool remove the peel wash hands and the fruit or some one will point out  the black ash. 


            Add bura sugar or nattu sugar . This time I got Parry’s  natural sugar. 

Only my son was going on asking me what I was doing with “Brown sugar “😅 Yes it says natural brown sugar on the pack. 


           Grated coconut , cardamom, roasted cashew and raisin in ghee and all this upgrades  the dish to an offering fit for the Gods.


             Now to post the picture in my new Pinterest AC . 😅

Comments