#இறைவனிடம்_பேசிய_தருணங்கள்


         Long conversations and protests.


                     My daughter had finished her MBA from PSG Coimbatore and had just started working in Chennai. So 22 is a good age to start looking for a groom I felt . As my relatives circle is very limited I gave an advertisement in The Hindu and Narasimhapriya. 


                      One month on the job and my daughter phoned me from office in panic. They had gone through her  medical test reports and had found that she had TB . To meet Dr. Raj  B Singh at Apollo.


                        My own mil died at the age of 22 from TB . My step mil had part of her lung removed after TB.

       

                         Just coincidence  , hand of God or should we factor in that her PSG hostel was near the PSG Hospital .


                          Whatever the reason I had to stop all marriage related activities. Throw away all correspondence. Keep the child safe and medicated at home for a year. 


                          Then Dr. Raj gave his completely cured certificate and my daughter got another job. 


                          Out came the jadagams . This time we proceeded upto Nischaithartham. The sambandhis even said they had corresponded earlier.  May have , I didn’t open that bundle. Marriage fixed for April 2007.


                 In Feb my son’s convocation at Velammal. All of us happily went by cab . Then again fate’s ugly hand showed up.


                    My husband had suffered a lot of ill health,   bad heart  and a stroke  in 1999 and hence taken VRS  Golden handshake 2000.  Now  at the start of the convocation ceremony he just threw up and fainted . Luckily the cab  we had come in was  still  there. 

                   Somewhere in North Madras we spied a hospital . They stabilised him and asked me to rush to a better equipped hospital. Then it was Ramachandra at Porur for the next 2 months . Brain haemorrhage. Even after brain operation he did not get back the use of his limbs, speech , use of back etc. 


                   They discharged him as they could not do anything more. Physiotherapy . Food through nasal tube. Position on bed to be changed every hour so on and so forth.  He would communicate by hitting his wrist on the bed. 


                   I shouted at God . I am going ahead with the marriage. You have to be with me. 


                  When I gave the Ramachandra doctors the marriage invitation they were stunned.  More than me they were apprehensive. I completely put myself in God’s hands. He had to do his bit.


                  There we are in the chatram, my husband has a nurse to look after him.  He is in a wheel chair and has a conspicuous nasal tube . He understands what is going on but cannot even lift his hand.


                    My parents do the honours. They are there on the stage . 


                     Yes God had seen to it that the wedding passed off very well. 


                        2 months later in July my husband went into coma and passed away.  His recovery was at best a moot possibility.

Comments