The new age mother.


           The other day I was returning home from Alwarpet. I got into a share auto that starts either at Luz corner or sometimes from Foreshore Estate. 


             There was this small child aged about 4 or 5 returning home from school. She was making some noises. Blowing over something in her mouth. . So I turned to watch her. ( well I am an old woman , and that is what I do. ) 

   

              She was eating something extremely chilli hot. What was it? Her mother was giving her some red mixture from a Haldiram packet. 


              Yes half of it was falling inside the auto. 


           At the Eldams road , Mount Road signal the mother without any hesitation just threw the empty packet on the road. 


           I had to control myself . The incident struck me at various levels. 


          School was slightly far off hence the share auto. Okay you cannot quarrel  with that.  Cannot you buy a banana for the cost of that unhealthy Haldiram packet. What about some juice ,some milk or even two biscuits. No the mother loved Haldiram it seems . She was eating along. 


           A woman cannot become up to date by just wearing jeans in her day to day life. ( yes the mother was wearing jeans) .

      

           Where has all our traditional and instinctive knowledge gone.

       

             Why am I worrying about some random family.


            Perhaps I should not take a public vehicle. 😁

Comments