#உடன்பிறப்பு 


                Suddenly two weeks back I was in a dull mood . My birthday was approaching. 66 . Do I have to celebrate. No going out. Not much fun. The same thing day in and day out. My son and I are looking at each other’s face. Once in a while we may see my brother and sisters in law. Daughter not visiting from abroad.


        Almost bordering on depression, I removed that birthday notification in FB. So the only people who wished me were my close family. 


         Cousins and friends who depend on FB to apprise them had no clue. My dark mood became darker. 


         Bouquet and gifts from my daughter, then my sis in law. Evening 3 and my youngest brother rang the bell. Birthday cake and party . My mood lifted . My sis in law asked about that lack of FB notification. At once she went to my profile picture and wished me there. Seeing that , all friends started wishing me. My mood was restored. 


      This is how my brothers have always been. Even before the need arises they have been there for me. This birthday party was just a glimpse. Every time some catastrophe struck me , yes  and they struck regularly , one of them would be there for me. 


        We are in the marriage hall. My daughter’s wedding. Where is the father of the bride. I point to a room inside. They peep in . Wheelchair bound , nasal feeding tube , nurse in attendance. 


           The marriage went off like clock work. Every ones comfort was seen to, 


         The sambandhis had only praise . Even today 13 years later they say  Thambi Udaiyan Padaikku Anjan. 


            Then our Appa saw to it that we lived together by turning his bungalow into an apartment complex. 


               Yes life is good when you are in the arms of your family. . 


      PS : 2 weeks since my birthday. It is only a reference point. Not today.😁

Comments