# Sunday special
# எங்கே செல்லும் என் பாதை
Now at 66 I look back at my life and see that I have always lived to please my near and dear ones. Lived by their dictum.
Except for my reading which was on my “me time “, my time and energy was always at the disposal of the family.
However I did not let in bitterness. Being a working women meant I could turn off the switch and leave all family matters behind at home for half the day, everyday. I did just that .
Somehow I became the beacon for the elderly. At first it was my husband’s grandma, then my father in law and stepmother in law and lastly my father. In between one elderly relative found asylum in my home from a grasping son. Well that did not last , her son came and took her away . My husband and I were radiating some positive vibes is my deduction.
Having seen the elderly and the sick at close quarters my children know what to expect when my time comes. I can only hope that they learnt a lesson of compassion .
I may not have gone on many foreign jaunts but I have lived vicariously by reading travelogues, seeing TV shows and imbibing from my more fortunate friends and relatives. That is enough for me.
See I am so easily pleased. I think that is the reason the forced lockdown period has not made me despondent. My books , my FB , my WA and my TV all there to give me company.
With more time on hands post retirement I did venture into life style changes by joining a gym, yoga class, religious class, meditation and going on Divya desam tours . That is what is keeping me in a positive frame of mind now during these bleak times.
So what does the future hold for me . Whatever it is I am strong and equipped to handle it and only pray that I am not tested again and again.
On a lighter note allow me to give you another picture of myself. Any new dish I come to know about and I have to try it. Whatever the result it will give me a high. This has made me and my son great eaters , gluttons in fact. Do we eat to live or live to eat has become our existential question. More so as both of us tip the scale in the wrong direction.
So I see a future for myself cutting the bonds of slavery that I now have with my tongue.
That Upma is symbolic of me ( made by me ) . Not great as a chef’s delight , humble but filling and can be made to look appealing with some extra fittings.
Comments
Post a Comment