#இறைவனிடம்_பேசிய_தருணங்கள்
The language.
What remains etched in my mind is Our Lady’s and Holy Angels schools. All those Anglo Indian girls praying in the Chapel.
So you would find me buying flowers from my meagre resources and kneeling before Our Lady and The Son , genuflecting and repeating “Our Father “ with a lot of fervour , all for good marks in the exams.
At home our Trichy Patti’s visit meant that we would be taught some simple Sanskrit shlokas.
The pull of the English language , no not the Christian religion was so great that even for years after I had left that school it was always Our Father repeated in multiples of 9 times till what I prayed for was granted.
After our Patti it was our Appa who taught us those Shanti Mantras . Ceremoniously we would repeat them before meals. However for something that I really wanted it was always Our Father.
Then we were introduced to Vishnu Sahasranamam. We were already studying Sanskrit as a 3 rd language. Now for me the chains of Our Father broke down completely and was replaced by Sri Rama Rameti. Yes again in multiples of 9.
I have been to the edge of despair. I have done a lot of parigarams as adviced by various people. Always those ceremonious parigarams have left me cold and disconnected. They seem more of a show to let other people know that I have taken to heart the bad luck,of my dear and near ones.
The sincere cry from the heart is what God will hear . Yes He has heard me and answered my prayers any number of times.
Now the language I speak with Him is what I speak with everyone. . A mixture of Tamil and English and simple words. I sincerely feel that this is enough. He can understand us better.
Comments
Post a Comment