The V J cravat.


               Right from the end of the 16th century the European gentleman was known for the way he flawlessly tied his cravat.  How neatly he retained it even under oppressing conditions. The noblewomen were supposed to be attracted to its beauty.


                  There were different ways of tying it and were given fanciful names like the windfall, waterfall , cascade etc. The snob would give his name to his particular way of tying it.  

            Why I am suddenly giving you a lesson on European aristocratic dress sense in history.

         

               Morning walk in the cold?!?! has given me a cough. 

So I tied a cravat around my neck then put a saree pin in front of my throat to secure it and yes named it the VJ.

                Conscious that eyes maybe  taking in its beauty and uniqueness I went for my walk. 

                  No serious walkers  lifted their eyes. More luck at the Palayamudir Nilayam. Someone did see it and then glanced away.

                  Returning home I went to the mirror. What did I expect there was this old woman wearing a muffler.

Comments